About Inspire Integrated Resort by Mohegan Sun
The Korea success story is recognized worldwide as one that illustrates the breadth and depth of economic and societal development that is possible with a coordinated, visionary, and decisive government and a population with a spirit to grow. In creating an environment for living and for business that is based on tolerance, transparency, and progressiveness tempered by order, Korea has established the socioeconomic fundamentals and grown the human resources to compete as a regional power in Asia.
Korea has recognized that reaching the next level of competitiveness, however, requires a shift in focus from manufacturing and industry and towards the high value added basis of a servicebased, knowledge economy. Discussion and initiatives in recent years in Korea illustrate that a clear tactic to accomplish these goals is enhancement of tourism generation, cultural development, and economic diversification.
Inspire will become the epicenter of the gaming and hospitality industry in Korea. The development will combine a variety of brands and lifestyle concepts to ensure a leading international tourism and gaming hub is created. Many of the amenities will not only lead the market in Korea but also the surrounding regions and ensure that a significant number of new visitors are attracted to Korea.
The Inspire integrated resort will focus on synergizing complementary revenue generating uses, including hotel, convention, food/beverage, retail, entertainment, cultural spaces, and casino gaming.
Phase I of Project Inspire is estimated at US$1.6 billion, with a commitment total of US$5 billion over multiple phases.
Mohegan Sun’s multi-phase development project named Project Inspire is expected to include, but not be limited to the following features:
- Three-tower luxury hotel complex with 1,350 five star and six star guest rooms.
- Over 20,000 square meters of the most sought after luxury retail brands in the world and over 20 food and beverage concepts.
- A 4,500 sq meters Korean cosmetics and beauty hub, promoting Korea’s dominance in Asia in this area.
- The largest entertainment arena in South Korea with capacity for up to 15,000 attendants for Class-A acts, cultural and arena sport events that have become synonymous with Mohegan Sun properties.
- A Paramount Studios Themed Indoor-Outdoor amusement park with 100,000 sq. meters of the latest high-tech amusement rides.
- A 33,000 square meter Eco Adventure Park featuring the latest in indoor rock climbing, zip lining, an indoor rainforest, and an archaeology experience.
- A 20,000 square meter casino with 250 tables and 1,500 slot machines.
- The first and only destination resort in the world with an adjacent private air terminal (FBO).